''To become happier is a fun process. It’s not like a grueling struggle. All you’re trying to do is find those things that make you happy to do them...The important thing is to recognize that your time has always been and will always be yours...''

22 Feb 2012

Yesterday mine... today Sharon's Birthday .... Celebration with pizza and cake ....

 ....last ten days were ..mmmm.. very intense ... Sharon and I celebrated  our 50th birthday and spend nights and days reflecting and evaluating everything connected to our lives ...It was so good to talk to each other as we had so much in common  and also our connection with birthdays made us to think about the next stage in our lives ...
Sharon was finding it so difficult to justify my decision of living in Erdevik... as it was so cold and we were unable to go much out.. she found Erdevik a bit spooky and described the place as very quiet without excitement... she did not like the food apart from a few things we made ....Wine was not that good, rakija was out of question, vodka which we bought in the local shop tested like a paint stripper, local lovely and delicious sausages, pite and bureci left her unimpressed .... but she fell in love with Monty ...

Her bag was full of beauty products and we laughed as there was no need to use any make-up products, apart from a comb , wet tissues and toot brush ... ... I think she was a bit shocked with me and my neglect of my appearance and she tried to make me beautiful but i think without success.  I hope i will change my bad habits soon....

I think she experienced a big cultural shock and saw harsh reality of living in a village, and how much people are distant.... Before her visit, she thought that this village is vibrant little place with cafes and galleries and where people go to have the morning coffee and have a chat ...She realized how high unemployment is here, how isolated people are, how gates are locked majority of time because no one ever comes .... I think it made her  to appreciate her life much more and i hope that her stay in Erdevik is going to make positive changes in her future life... I will miss her so much when she leaves on Friday ... not looking forward at all.... I will be so sad ....

On Monday next week she will be going back to her very responsible job in Imperial College Hospital ....On Tuesday  she will be giving a lecture to hundreds students and life will go on .. I am staying here with also very responsible job called mother with plenty of time to think about my colleagues who are having exhibitions and teaching  and   ....with uncertainty for how long will i be going on like this... being here .....






No comments:

Post a Comment